


I also have a few of the Cows that Type series, the Olivia books, and of course Dr. Seuss! I believe that adults should be able to have just as much fun reading to kids as kids do being read to. I'd love suggestions for great reads for kids! Reading to them and with them will be one of the most important things Scott and I do.....
xoxo!
LB

4 comments:
Keith wasn't very fond of reading books that didn't rhyme! :)
Some of our favorites were:
*Commotion on the Ocean
*Barnyard Hullabaloo
*Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
*Is your Mama a Llama?
*Alphabet Mystery/Alphabet Adventure/Alphabet Rescue
*Llama Llama Mad at Mama/Llama Llama Misses Mama/Llama llama Red Pajama
*Anything by Derek Anderson and any of the Froggy Books
How's that for a start? You may be sorry you asked?!
Well, I support the three you have pictured--Brynn has those. :)
We're partial to anything by Eric Carle... Pictures are great. Some personal favorites in no particular order:
The Story of Ping
Blueberries for Sal
Make Way for Ducklings
Jamberry (one of my absolute favorites)
Pat the Bunny/Pat the Cat
Swimmy
Stellaluna
Good Dog Carl
Wynken Blynken and Nod
The Giving Tree
If you Give a Mouse a Cookie
(Others in that series)
The Snowy Day
Caps for Sale
Guess How Much I Love You
Mercer Mayer's "Little Critter" books
Where's Spot?
Also a hit with Brynn--anything that has things to touch/feel, and anything with flaps that lift up. :)
Ditto. I'd like to add "Verdi" and also "Crickwing". And of course "Where the Wild Things Are". When my kids were little everyone always raved about "Good Night Moon"...but I don't see what all the fuss was about, IMHO :)
Thanks you guys! What great suggestions! So many I have heard of already and forgotten, and some new ones I will have to look into. Love them all!
Post a Comment