Friday, June 18, 2010

Yumminess

So, I've been shopping for kids' clothes, you know, since I'm having a couple. There is some seriously beautimous stuff out there! Let's start with this:

Obviously not for everyday, but very sweet, and you should see her other stuff. A big plus for her is that she also has some boy stuff too.Cute boy stuff is hard to find! Really hard to find, plus, I'm no expert at boys, most of my previous experience being with girls and all, but I'm guessing that boys will start protesting cute shortly into the whole game. Eden's bouquet seems to get that. Oh, and side note: little boy's daddies start subtly cutting cute off at the knees pretty early on too. :) Love you, honey!
Then there's Joyfolie:


You've all heard me rave about Joyfolie (formerly Mia Joie)




She doesn't do a whole lot of boy stuff, a few pairs of shoes for little guys, but personally I'm willing to forgive her because she makes these gorgeous little numbers. She also has clothing and accessories that are very nummy too.

I've also found tons of stuff on etsy. I mostly concentrate on patterns and fabrics at Etsy, because while I am totally in love with the above vendors I can't afford to clothe my kids this way exclusively (although I wish I was rich if only for this reason!), and am going to have to rely on some of my inherent creative ingenuity to get the job done. Tee hee. If you all aren't laughing, you really should be.



Click on these patterns to be taken to the Etsy websites where they are sold. And, as I have pointed out before, not much for boys out there! The smartie pants and the britches and bloomers both have options for boys though, so I'm not forgetting my little guy completely in this celebration of ruffles and lace! And then there's this pattern from Heidi and Finn :



I think it could be sewn for a little guy (Scott doesn't seem so sure) but I secretly want to sew this version first:Don't judge me.




4 comments:

Heidi said...

I've got the boy thing covered for you...cute is out from the get-go and comfort seems to be the most important. Sorry to say, my boys aren't the most fashionable since they are mostly in shorts and a T-shirt these day. I'm not really helping you sway Scott into anything, am I?!

Leslie said...

Ha! I'm sure Scott will appreciate your response! :) I don't want to make the little guy all girly either, I do wish there were more sewing patterns out there so I didn't feel like I was making everything for baby girl and nothing for baby boy!

Lindsey Pogmore said...

I highly recommend "See Kai Run" shoes for the little lad and lady... They're amazing. The soles are super soft, and the styles are about as cute as you can possibly find, and they go on sale periodically for less than $20/pair. Not that you'll need them for a year and a half or so... but they're great, and I think that their boy styles are almost cuter than the girls. :-) Also, Janie and Jack has amazingly cute (and also amazingly expensive unless you get them on sale--which I always do) stuff. They have a nice website and their stuff looks pretty timeless, which I appreciate. Brynn doesn't rock much of their stuff, but I think she looks extra cute in it. :) Just you wait... I have the most fun dressing ONE kiddo--I can't imagine all the fun you'll have with TWO!!! :)

Leslie said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm trying to remind myself not to go broke dressing two! It would be so easy to do! Thank goodness for Stuff Etc and Kidworks in IC.....