I honestly never guessed I had so much stuff. I think that you really can't imagine how much stuff you have until you start carrying it out of the attic, down a flight of stairs, and out to a UHaul truck. We filled that sucker up twice, and then once in Scott's truck and once for my poor little Hyundai. And we're going back tonight. Somebody anesthesize me.
The third stall of Scott's dad's shop is filled to bursting with my life's accumulations, and he is worried the roof is going to leak on them. Yesterday when the wind was gusting at about 25 mph he was planning on climbing up on the steep metal roof of the shop and painting it with tar to stop it from leaking. Oh. My. Goodness. The man has done enough. Thankfully he didn't have the right stuff to do it with and when he did go to the lumber store in town the can said to let it dry for 24 to 36 hours. Since rain was in the forecast for last night he couldn't go up on the roof to stop the leaks in the near gale force winds. He and Scott went out and put tarps over all the stuff in the stall and I pronounced it just fine. Thank heaven for small mercies.
The house drama goes on and I got word from my bank that the appraiser won't be able to finish the appraisal report for three weeks as I suppose he is just as busy with the refinance boom as everyone else. So now we just wait. Everyone should keep their fingers crossed!
I can't wait to shock you all with the before pictures of the house in Newburg. It really is in bad shape, my dream house! ; )
More later!
Oh! and p.s. there is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that I am ever painting a wood floor white again. I will be scrubbing the white painted wood floors at my house in IC tonight before putting a touch up coat on. How could I have forgotten what a pain they were to keep clean??!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment