Sunday, September 12, 2010

A little ranting on the eve of my 32nd week

A little illustration of some points I make below.
We're out here North of town in our holding pattern. Just waiting. Actually that's not entirely true. We are doing small domestic things. Cleaning closets, donating things to Goodwill, getting ready for the babies in those last small ways. You know the kinds of things. And I do what I can that's not too heavy and doesn't wear me out too fast. And I feel my conflicted feelings like I hope the babies don't come too soon vs. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! Scott is very good at downplaying my emotions during the latter periods.


The babies are progressing just fine. Right on track weight wise (about 4 lbs each now), they're extremely active in there, and good in every way. I on the other hand am wondering how women have made it through this thing called pregnancy for eons. I can't sleep for more than two hours at a stretch; I either have to pee, have a stunning case of heartburn, or I have to roll over which now requires waking up and a concerted effort and possibly a push from Scott. Walking any kind of distance is also out of the question, first and most importantly I waddle in a most unattractive way, secondly after about 50 yds I'm out of breath and get the ocassional shooting pain in my back or (gasp) the area of my uterus. And worst of all sitting on the couch for long periods of time in front of the tv now will pretty much gaurantee some fairly strong Braxton Hicks contractions. Seriously, what *&%#$ else I am supposed to do when I can't do anything but sit on the couch and watch tv.


So there's my rant. I'll live, people tell me all the time this isn't a condition that you die from anymore. And I'll let you know when the babies come, the reasoning side of my brain is saying not for at least a few weeks. Twins are usually born between 35 and 37 weeks and I doubt how grumpy their moms are about it has anything to do with it.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hang in there, Les!

Ann said...

You have every right to vent!!! Being uncomfortable, exhausted and irritable SUCKS! But it will be worth it in the end when you're holding your sweet babies! Hang tough!!!