That about sums it up! Still home and still preggers. And since I haven't posted for a couple weeks I thought I could a least check in with a recipe. I made this one a week or so ago and Scott teased me that I had "captured zee essence of zee ham ball" in his best Pepe LePew accent. Silly guy, that's why I love him! This is another recipe from his mama, so it's no wonder that he likes it.

Mary's Ham Balls
3 lbs. Ham loaf (Fareway has the best for us Midwesterners!)
2 Eggs
1 1/2 C crushed graham cracker crumbs
1 C Milk
Sauce
1 Can tomato soup
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 C vinegar
3/4 C brown sugar - the original recipe calls for 1 1/2 Cups which was too sweet for me, your call
Mix ham loaf, eggs, graham cracker crumbs, and milk. Sometimes the mixture can be a little soft at this stage so I refrigerate it for an hour or two if there's time. Roll into 2 inch balls and place in a 9x13 or larger pan, as long as it has a lip to catch sauce. Stir together sauce ingredients and spoon over meat balls. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 mins.
And don't worry, it won't make your hubs talk like Pepe LePew, unless you want him too like I do!

1 comment:
Ok...waiting patiently for you to post info/pics on here. I'm not on FB anymore but I've been told you had your babes!!! Hope you all are doing well! Names???
Post a Comment