Monday, May 10, 2010

What I actually got up last weekend.....

I did do some of what I planned, sort of. I made a stuffed felt aligator from this pattern:

You can click the picture to go to homemadebyjill and print out the pattern. The stuffed gator is just the bees knees! I'll try to remember to take a picture after I get the eyes stitched on. I cut out the elephant too, but haven't managed to sew it together yet. Maybe tonight.

I also went to the Grinnell Garden Club annual plant sale on Saturday morning. Whoa! I made off with a serious haul! Lots of plants for a little money. Serious fun for a plant-a-holic like me. Then I stopped at a little family nursery on the edge of town and got a Liberty hosta and a June hosta. They look pretty similar in the pictures, but June (in the bottom pic) is a small to medium hosta, and Liberty is a BIG one. I got them both planted over in Newburg along with quite a few other things on Sunday afternoon while Scott mowed the lawn.



Saturday night we went out to Kelcy's for supper in Grinnell for Mother's day with Scott's parents. My first celebration of Mom's day! I had a wonderful time and a really great piece of prime rib, but I'm afraid I overindulged just a teensy bit. I was absolutely miserable until about 1 am! There's just not that much room in my tummy these days. I'm going to have to learn I can't eat a big meal like that and still be happy! :)

Hope all you other moms had a great mother's day weekend!

LB

No comments: