
I want to keep some chickens. I mean I REALLY want to keep some chickens. I love their antics and their individual personalities and just the general comedy they provide to daily life. Scott, on the otherhand thinks we should buy our eggs at the store. Something about chickens being smelly and inconvenient, I'm sure I wasn't really listening! So, in the special way that women have spent centuries developing to convince their menfolk to do something they don't want to do, I talk about the henhouse he's going to build for me someday how sturdy and well built it will be, how much our chickens will enjoy living there, and how happy I will be with the henhous that Scott built. All this convincing led to me telling him about the eglu I saw over on the Farm Chicks blog and how cute it was. I explained it to him that we would probably never own one because the cheapest Eglu I saw was over $500 (well over) and then we got to speculating how many eggs you could buy with $500. A lot. What it eventually spiraled into was some very funny (at the time anyway) egg puns. Was I sure that the coop I was describing was eggs-actly what the chickens needed, and if he built a nice coop he wasn't sure he wanted chickens eggs-creting all over it. It went on long enough that I fell asleep with a smile and dreamt of chicken coop mansions in the sky. I'm sure Delta Dawn kept chickens.
Here's some chicken fun to put a smile on your face: http://www.hencam.com/inside.php
The chickens in the tree are in Yelapa, Mexico just south of Puerto Vallarta.


2 comments:
Your chicken story was wonderful I had to chuckle reading that. My parents have them and they adore them. I need to take you over there. They would love to show them off. Most of them have names. lol..We will have to be careful of Joe the goat he likes to come behind and come after you. :) Wonderful blog..
Post a Comment