
It's been quite awhile, I know. I'm not sure where the time goes. Things have been barrelling forward here faster than we know how to deal with them sometimes. I spent a week at the hospital beginning August 4th after a scary incident where the babies were up to shenanigans, thinking about coming out sooner than expected. On Friday August 4th at about 8 pm I noticed a small amount of bright red blood when I used the bathroom.
On the advice of the nurses at the Labor and Delivery unit at UIHC we took an ambulance ride to Iowa City and were under observation and having the babies monitored when the nurses asked me to sit up in bed, at that point I felt a gush and realized the bed under my bottom was covered with blood. After that things are kind of a blur. Doctors, resisdents, and nurses all crowded into the room, started prepping me for an emergency C Section and talking to Scott and I about what would happen next. Then everything just kind of stopped. The bleeding stopped, and everyone sort of breathed a collective sigh of relief.
Scott and I finished out our stay up in the mother baby unit on what we referred to as our "Baby Moon". The final prognosis was a possible small placental abruption, which couldn't be confirmed by ultrasound, but it doesn't matter. The babies are still safely tucked inside me where they belong. And I've been confined to bedrest to keep them that way for the time being. We're very thankful to be still pregnant and counting every day towards the end, or at least to week 34. :)
And we got the pictures back from our maternity shoot, I'm totally in love with them.


3 comments:
Good Grief! That's some scarey stuff! I'm glad that those babies decided that coming during the heat of an Iowa summer was over-rated! Keep up the good work!
Thanks Heidi. I think it was definitely the scariest thing I've ever been through. We're glad they're still on board and playing by the rules for now!
Wow...how scarey! I'm so glad you are ALL doing well now. I'll be keeping you in my prayers that those babes decide to hang out in-utero for as long as possible...and for your SANITY!!! Actually...enjoy the rest...after the babes come rest will be a thing of the past :)
Post a Comment