So, anyway. Peanut Butter Cookies! I found the recipe here at Cherry Hill Cottage . She has great peanut buttery pics of how to make the cookies, so I won't go into all of that. Just go see, and make them if you want! I only used half of the dough, and froze the other half. I'll let you know how that comes out, but it seemed like another good strategy to keep from over indulging. And what I really mean by over indulging is eating 14 of them in one sitting, or maybe, say, eating them for breakfast....you get the idea. Here's her recipe:
Peanut-Butter Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup premium peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
2 large eggs
More sugar, for rolling
Whisk together the flour, soda, powder, and salt. Beat the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars for 2 minutes. One by one, add egg; beat 2 minutes. Gently blend in dry ingredients.
Divide in half, wrap, and chill overnight. Shape scant tablespoons of dough into balls, roll in sugar, and place 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets. Press each with fork tines.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes, until golden. Let rest 2 minutes; transfer to racks to cool.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup premium peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
2 large eggs
More sugar, for rolling
Whisk together the flour, soda, powder, and salt. Beat the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars for 2 minutes. One by one, add egg; beat 2 minutes. Gently blend in dry ingredients.
Divide in half, wrap, and chill overnight. Shape scant tablespoons of dough into balls, roll in sugar, and place 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets. Press each with fork tines.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes, until golden. Let rest 2 minutes; transfer to racks to cool.
I found the pattern on ravelry and it linked to Lost the Thread's blog. I actually finished mine, but I made it without the leaf, and now I'm not really sure why. Hers is very, very cute with the leaf. Just full of cute. So I guess I see another one in the near future with a leaf on the tippy top. Anyway, click her link and go see just how stinking cute it could be with the leaf.
Well that's it for my first Monday of the new categorized posting. Let's just see how long I can keep this up! See you Wednesday!

2 comments:
Ok...I have to ask...WHEN did you get sooooo CRAFTY? I don't remember you doing stuff like that during our younger years! I scrapbook and do some beading but that's it. My daughter, Grace, on the other hand does all sorts of stuff...including Crochet. She is currently making me a scarf w/that feathery yarn.
You're such a MARTHA : )
Martha! Ha! You know it's boring in Iowa, Ann! I have to do something....Have you seen our weather forecasts lately? I spent last night in a Super 8 because they were closing down the interstate. What's a girl to do but craft?
Post a Comment