So, I've been having trouble with my cheap little Singer sewing machine and haven't sewn a stitch for a good while. I've been crocheting a bit instead. And cooking. What else is there to do in this brutal winter weather?? Remember this is a family oriented blog! Besides, pre-heating the oven warms up the house!So, I found these Hasselbeck Potatoes over on Nigella Lawson's blog (you can get there by clicking the picture) aren't they so cute and yummy looking? I could live on potatoes (and bread and chocolate). I want to try them as soon as I get Scott to convert all the metric stuff to whatever it is you convert metric into so I can understand what I'm supposed to be pre-heating the oven to. And as soon as I figure out what a hob is. Really, I'm sure I can wing it.
I also found another great cooking blog: The Sisters' Cafe It has great sounding recipes and really good photos. It's nice to know what you're making is supposed to look like.
That's about all I have other than Dewey is now fine. He has stopped limping after his squirrelin' mishap, and I wouldn't have given him this much credit where intelligence was concerned, but it appears that he was really working the sympathy angle over at Scott's parents' house. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's dumb. I just never thought he was quite wily enough to limp more if he thought he might get a little more attention. Unfortunately for him, he forgot to limp on the right leg all the time........

No comments:
Post a Comment