Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday, Monday

Thankfully I came to my senses on Friday and didn't venture out into the world of retail. I did stop at Fareway on my way home and pick up the necessaries for cookie and candy making, and also a 12 lb prime rib roast for Christmas dinner. Can't wait for that! I didn't have a very successful cookie baking session unfortunately. My first batch of chocolate cookies were just a little off. Scott and the boy ate almost all of them anyway. :) I set about 2 dozen in front of them while they were watching Daddy Day Care and came through about a half an hour later to see an empty plate. Holy Mackerel! They looked pretty sheepish, but I'm glad they didn't go to waste. The second batch turned out fine and are now packed up and ready to bring in for cookie day at work. I also made a batch of toffee that I'm still not sure how it turned out. I'll report more on that later.
Hope everyone is enjoying the snow we got! More looks to bearing down on us by Tuesday night. Hunker down, and drive safe.

No comments: