Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The complaint department

Okay, okay. I know I haven't blogged in awhile. In fact I haven't blogged in so long that more than one of you has given me a poke, so to speak. So here I am, blogging. I wish I had more pictures to post, but we're still just tearing stuff up. Well, mostly Scott is tearing stuff up, with a little building going on here and there. The wall between the kitchen and dining room that was removed now has the beam in place so our house won't sag in the middle someday, and the crappy ceilings and walls are gone in the living, dining room and kitchen. I did paint the paneling in the orange bedroom, and I also painted the top halves of the walls in Dreyson's room and the future upstairs bathrooms. Yep, I did say that I only painted the top halves of the walls, that's because we're putting beadboard on the lower halves. Actually, Dreyson's room is getting carsiding so it's a bit more masculine for the little guy, you know, the rougher, tougher version of beadboard.
On Monday night Scott started a conversation with me by saying, "I'm still not sure that I should tell you this..." I'm having visions of previously undiscovered pipes swathed in asbestos, but all it turned out to be was a big snake in our house. Apparently making it's way between the wall and the chimney on the first floor. Scott got it out, and it met some kind of untimely death ( I didn't ask) and went to it's final resting place, the roll off dumpster in our driveway. Now, I've told this story to a couple of people who are completely freaked out by the idea of a snake being in the house, but really, my fear of asbestos is much larger than that of a bull snake. I don't have to pay someone thousands of dollars to come remove a bull snake, but I do if we find asbestos! See? Snakes aren't really that scary after all....

No comments: