Saturday, April 30, 2011

What we've been up to

So much and so little. It feels like we're always on the go, but I have the suspicion we're no busier than we used to be, it's just that we're doing it with two six month olds in tow. We went to Target Friday night and Livi J had this huge sweet potato tinged spit up all over the floor in front of this horrified twenty something sorority girl. She won't be in a hurry to have babies now. :) So anyway, we survived a lot of crying and bottle feeding in Target and made it back home with only about half of what I really had in mind to buy.

So after all that we decided to skip the Art Fest down by Hancher on Saturday morning and just stay in. I made Oatmeal Pancakes from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. They were tasty and good for us. Click the highlighted text to go to her page for the recipe. Below is pretty much the weekend status at our house on a regular basis. Although yesterday Scott cut down half of the apple tree that's been bugging the crap out of me for years. We also cleaned up the yard a bit while the noodles were napping and it feels so much cuter.



I also made a little baby food. I hate buying baby food. Two tiny four ounce containers for a buck. So the lovely green noms below are a mixture of chicken, brown rice, spinach, and cream cheese. Charlie loved it and just made a policy to sit with his mouth open when he wasn't swallowing. It was like feeding a baby bird. Livi was indifferent. She has a tiny cold, and she's also teething so she's not the happiest camper. I'm going to chalk it up to that and not that she's already complaining about my cooking.



She did enjoy bath time and loves being swaddled up in a towel after bath is over. So does her brother. So that's our life these days in a nutshell. We're loving every second of it and not a day goes by that I don't feel incredibly grateful for everything life has brought me, green baby food and all.



xoxo,



leslie

1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a cute little swaddled baby girl!!! Babies are great for helping you stick to a budget when in places like Target! I'd say bring some of the baby food to lunch one day this week...but would hate to leave the baby bird waiting with his mouth open!! Brenda